Thursday, August 03, 2006

Oh, the nature!

You have to trust me a bit when I say that there are about 15 quails underneath the bird feeder in this picture. Then there is the one sitting on the wall standing guard. No really, I read that when a group of quails are pecking around for their food, there are guards that stand around looking for cougars or Rockys.

The hooded orioles are coming very often these days to the feeder. I saw four females at once in our tree yesterday. They finished a batch of sugar water in 4 days. Food must be getting scarce.

Then today, I saw a whole flock of bushtits come and sit on the mulberry tree for about 20 seconds and then off they went. Those cute little buggers.

And THEN, I saw a cute little rabbit hopping along the grass, awwww, how cute. Look Maia, a rabbit in our yard... Hey wait, he's headed for the tomatos... You get out of here! You stinky little fuzz butt!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home